Jeanne has been fighting for businesses and individuals for more than twenty years in both state and federal courts. After a career with a major regional law firm representing businesses ranging from multi-nationals to small local companies Jeanne turned her attention for a number of years to serving those going through divorce and living with its aftermath. Chosen to serve as a member, then panel chair and finally district chair of the District 6 Grievance Committee of the State Bar of Texas Jeanne’s practice now focuses on helping lawyers navigate the disciplinary process and understand their ethical and professional responsibilities. She brings to this practice the same commitment to excellence and the same care for her clients that she has always brought to business and family law cases.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas State Bar College
- Texas State Bar Pro Bono College
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Texas Family Law Foundation Lifetime Sustaining Member
- Clarity: An International Association promoting plain legal language
- Scribes; The American Society of Writers on Legal Subjects
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters 2013 through 2018.
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP) Solo Practitioner of the Year for 2009.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
Recent Articles & Presentations
- Keeping Up with Ethics in 2018: Hot Topics and New Rules: Presented to the Tarrant County Bar Association Business Litigation Section with Jason Friedman on March 27, 2018
- Ethics in 2018: What you need to know now to stay compliant: presented to the Mesquite Bar Association on March 21, 2018
- Staying Ethical While Acting Neutral: The interaction between an attorneys’ duty as a neutral and his/her ethical obligations under the Texas Disciplinary Rules: presented to the ADR Section of the Dallas Bar Association, March 12, 2018
- Professional Grievances in 2018: The Same Old Brand New Ballgame: presented to the Dallas LGBT Bar Association with Jason Friedman on February 15, 2018
- Ethics in 2018: Everything Old is New Again in the 24/7 World of Lawyering: presented to the 17th Annual Eminent Domain Conference sponsored by the Eminent Domain Institute, CLE International, in Austin, Texas on February 2, 2018
- Do You Market on the Internet?; Published in the Dallas Bar Association’s November, 2017 edition of Headnotes.
- Keeping Client Confidences in the Digital Age; Published in the Dallas Bar Association’s October, 2017 edition of Headnotes.
- Lawyering Ethically 24-7: presented to Ryan Law in Austin, Texas on October 19, 2017
- Legal Ethics in the Digital Age–What to watch: presented to the Collin County Bar Association with Jason Friedman on September 15, 2017
- Ethics and Advertising: presented to the North Dallas Bar Association on September 12, 2017
- 5 Ethics Issues to Watch: Lawyering in the Digital Age: presented to the Dallas Eminent Domain Conference sponsored by the Eminent Domain Institute, CLE International, on August 10, 2017
- Innocence Doesn’t Matter: What you need to know about accessible websites and other ADA compliance issues in 2017: presented to the Real Estate Section of the Fort Worth Bar Association with Richard Hunt on March 21, 2017
- You and the ADA: Real Property Section of the Dallas Bar Association with Richard Hunt on March 13, 2017
- Five Ethics Issues to Watch in 2017: presented at the Bench Bar Conference of the Dallas Bar Association Family Law Section with Jason Friedman on February 24, 2017
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D. 1997–Graduated magna cum laude
- University of Oregon, B.S., Journalism and Public Relations, 1983
- 500 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (500 RYT)
- Author: Japan for Kids, a guide for expatriates with children in Japan.