Jeanne has been litigating family law and business cases in the Dallas area for more than fifteen years. Her practice is focused on family law mediation and defense of disciplinary proceedings against other attorneys.
After a career with a major regional law firm representing business clients, including Fortune 500 companies, Jeanne turned her attention to serving those going through divorce and living with its aftermath. Focusing on mediation after years of litigating family law cases Jeanne has observed that “Family law cases are often just as legally complex as business lawsuits and the years I spent litigating complex business cases prepared me to tackle those complex legal issues while working toward a settlement that is fair for all the parties.”
Jeanne served for four years as an attorney-member and regional chair of the Dallas County Disciplinary Committee. Having served the mandatory maximum term she now uses her deep knowledge of both the law and the practical aspects of disciplinary actions to help other lawyers.
Business Litigation: The same commitment to excellence combined with genuine dedication to her clients’ needs drives Jeanne’s business litigation practice. With clients ranging from international tech companies to local businesses Jeanne has experience in every aspect of a business litigation practice, including arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Jeanne’s Family Law experience includes:
- Representing petitioners and respondents in suits for divorce, including child custody, child and spousal support, and complex property division
- Representing parties in enforcement matters to enforce current orders
- Representing parents, step-parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other nonparent conservators in contested and uncontested terminations and adoptions
- Representing both petitioners and respondents in custody and support matters involving children with special needs
- Appeals of trial court judgments in the Courts of Appeal and Texas Supreme Court.
Jeanne’s Business Litigation experience includes:
- defense of forged endorsement and similar UCC claims against national bank clients
- defense of securities fraud claims against a publicly traded European client arising out of its merger with a domestic company
- defense of claims for employment discrimination, breach of contract and fraud against a major independent oil company
- defense of securities fraud claims and NYSE customer complaints in State and Federal Court and before NASD and NYSE arbitration panels
Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law and Business Litigation Sections
- Jeanne currently sits as Chairman of Panel No. 1 of the Texas State Bar 6th District Grievance Committee
- Texas State Bar College
- Texas State Bar Pro Bono College
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Texas Family Law Foundation Lifetime Sustaining Member and Bill Review Committee Member
- Clarity: An International Association promoting plain legal language
- Scribes; The American Society of Writers on Legal Subjects
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP) Solo Practioner of the Year for 2009
- Profiled in the American Bar Association’s GP Solo Magazine, “Giving Back: The Rewards of Pro Bono: A profile of Jeanne M. Huey.”
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D. 1997–Graduated magna cum laude
- University of Oregon, B.S., Journalism and Public Relations, 1983
- 500 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (500 RYT)
- Author: Japan for Kids, a guide for expatriates with children in Japan.